Tuesday, January 13, 2009

my missionary boys

Well reader I am in that special time of life where all my amazing guy friends leave me for 2 years to serve the Lord. I have sent some of the greatest friends out and am about to send out another bunch of them coming up here pretty quick...buckle up Linds.
My whole life I have grown up with boys to play with...many of which are these boys I sent/am sending off. These amazing young men have made me the way I am (uhh...not sure if that is good or bad to say...sorry if that hurts your feelings boys). Honestly I have looked up to each of them as examples throughout each of our friendships. But nothing impresses me more as these last few years as these boys draw closer to their missions. I was lucky enough to be the "it" for them. I got this title because i'm not a guy to them...but i'm also not a girl to them either.
Some may think this is an insult, or something that I shouldn't just throw out there and be proud of. But I am.
I am proud to be the one they would turn to for advice, they could completely be themselves by, someone who they knew they still had to be a good example to, the person that expected so much out of them- because I saw so much within them.
These boys have helped me in so many different aspects and different times in my life. They have made me recognize what is important in life. They have showed me how to truly be happy, no matter what is happening at the time. They taught me the true meaning of friendship. These boys have strengthened my understanding of the gospel and have helped me build on my personal testimony through sharing theirs. They have taught me that serving the Lord is one of the greatest things we can do on this earth. Their excitement about serving a mission helped give me a true assurance that the young men of this generation are strong and valiant.
I am forever grateful for the friendships that i've had with these valiant young men, and for the influence they have had in my life. They are and will be incredible missionaries.
Look out world! You're gettin' the best!
Alma 53:20-21
"And they were all young men, and they were exceedingly valiant for courage, and also for strength and activity; but behold, this was not all-they were men who were true at all times in whatsoever thing they were entrusted. Yea, they were men of truth and soberness, for they had been taught to keep the commandments of God and to walk uprightly before him."

6 comments:

emily mcd said...

They are so lucky to have you. As am I. I love you Doodles.

vallarsen49 said...

New Year's Resolution- be the "it" to someone.
You are so awesome. Can I have your school address- I have a disc of magic for you!!

Ellen Irion said...

AMEN. Lindsays Blogger Goodness does it again!! love all those boys, all are more than just a kid from Murray - warriors for righteousness - but then again bein a kid from Murray is sayin something :)

Kelly Jean said...

I love that you're the "it"!! Ha ha, that's gotta be the coolest & most sought after title in the world.

Adam Ruben said...

It's certainly is something to aspire to! I hope I can be there. Love the scripture at the end. Ohrah!

Stacey-Marie said...

linds.
i can't handle this anymore.
but its so good for them
and its so good for us
i just try on focus on being a missionary too, that way some day i will be good enough to snatch up one of those boys hahahaha
oh ya and that will be in a very very very long time