Sunday, February 14, 2010

pyramids

So we finally made it to Egypt! We pulled in right as the sun was setting - I wish i had a picture of the first sighting of the pyramids...but I was in the back of the bus and it would have taken a lot of effort to weasel through the crowd of us trying to see/take pictures. (Don't worry..i'll steal one from someone who did- it was awesome) You're just driving on the freeway through the city, enjoying the orange sky and BOOM! in the distance you see the pyramids! We were all screaming and were probably a little too excited about it. haha
This is from the "Sound and Light Show" that night... hilarious. The show lit up the pyramids and sphinx as it told the history of them and Egypt in ridiculous narrative.
Doesn't get much better than that :)
me, Gretchen, Emma and Natalie
So far - I don't have any signs of having lice. Thank goodness.
The merchants in Egypt are RIDICULOUS! Pretty much do and say whatever they want and then beg after. haha I should do a post all about them....
"shhh....just go" hahah movie quote anyone?
Ali, Anna, Elissa, Jess, Kinzi, Mary, Gretchen, me, Emma, Kim, Corina- Katie, Natalie and Brooke
Jill, me and Marissa
The first human pyramid of the day, later made an all girls, all boys and all professor one as well! I'm sure no one in the world has thought of doing this picture....right?
My glasses make a fun sort of "where's waldo" game dont they? haha love those things
Check out this guy with Mary and me! haha He is like an Egyptian Yoda!
We saw SO many pyramids that day! So crazy to believe I was actually there seeing them.
Amazing :)

1 comment:

Laura said...

WAY cool! Great pictures!