Friday, July 11, 2008

Ode to Abigail

I realize I posted like...yesterday, but the day after the boating trip was one of my best friends birthday. I'm behind on the days...but hey, at least I got to post right?
Tuesday was Abbey Maughan's birthday! This birthday was different because I could really only text her and celebrate... She has moved back East for the summer with her parents and is having a grand old time. (she has an awesome blog that documents great stories-go ahead and creep if you want) However, I miss her a ton. It seemed like after she left-everyone was gone and there was nothing to do. For reals.
Abbey is one of the prettiest girls i've ever seen. She is so smart and so much fun- a few reasons why I was so intimidated by her at first... I was so scared to talk to her because I was just "Russell's twin" and would never get up to her level. Well, Russell is a smarty-pants and Abbey (and ocassionally Ellen) would come and study math with eachother and I would just sit and eat or do my homework nearby so I could ease my way into at least talk to that pretty Abbey. Well, if there was a time that I would be in the other room, Abbs would text me and tell me to come in and say hi, or would hear me sing and say I had a good voice (what a suck-up hehe). She was so outgoing and willing to branch out, thank goodness for that. We became best friends really quickly and I loved every minute of it! From sitting around talking, watching chick flicks, listening to music (aka-me listening to her amazing voice), I could do anything with Abbs and have a blast! I was able to open up to her so quickly and tell her everything! She is an incredible listener, is so understanding, and honestly wants to help. She loves to plan things and is a stresser, which at times can be hilarious. She can just laugh at herself when I try to calm her down. It's the best! Abbey is the kind of person that is always ready to get up and do something fun! She's always there to talk to and is so fun to listen to as well. Especially about the gospel. Wow, this girl knows her stuff... I was always blown away at our Preach My Gospel study group or in just every day activities. She really sees the church in everything and applies the teachings so well. She amazes me. Abbey really does make me want to be a better person. I hope I can be at least half the person she is now. Really, she is going to be something big later in life- look out world. I miss her like crazy and can't wait to see her again.Happy Birthday Abbey. Thanks for everything.

Miss you beautiful. Friendly love you.

3 comments:

Ellen Irion said...

amen to the max. Love that girl, want her to come back and play

Katie said...

Hey! So i was looking at this thing on my blog that tells me who has looked at my blog, and I saw that someone came from this blog, so i was curious who it was. I was glad to see that it wasn't some weirdo stalker! he he. I'm excited you have a blog though :-D your friend seems really cool though! Is she going to BYU?

abbey* said...

Linds. I love you. thanks so much. I decided I have the best friends in the world. And I am so grateful for you guys. happy cry face.