Monday, January 18, 2010

i can't believe i just walk around the Old City

This is Marissa Purser and I looking at the view of the Old City. Marissa is also from Murray and is a year above me in school - so we knew of each other and have the same groups of Murray friends...but I didn't really know her that well before. It has been fun to have at least one person I know here!This is the road right as you walk through Damascus gate, the gate we go through most often. This is a HUGE pile of different seasonings/spices with a little Dome of the Rock thing on top - can you believe that!? I've only had this stuff called Zatar on my bread...tasty stuff!
On our first free day (Sunday) we went on the Ramparts Walk, which is where you can walk on top of the wall surrounding the Old City. It really helped me figure out how the city is divided up into the different quarters. It took a while to walk around it all, but it is fascinating to see the city and everything surrounding it from up above.
This was just a hallway outside of the temple mount...neat
I'm sort of obsessed with the Dome of the Rock.
It is GORGEOUS!haha Peace in the middle east!
haha these guys were intense!
In front of the Western WallAnd these beauties were in West Jerusalem - the more modern area. haha Too bad they are both right feet...
I still can't believe that I'm really here! Seriously this is amazing and I am loving every second!

6 comments:

emily mcd said...

Mazel tov Lindsay! :) Live it up lady!

cort said...

my favorite is the crocks :) bahah i hackin love you linds. ps. so UBER jealous of you right about now. uber uber uber uber uber uber uber

Ryan and Staci said...

Keep the pics coming! :)

Laurie Marsh said...

Look at you little Lindsay! How awesome is all that! Thanks for the pics. LOVE YOU!!!!

Josh, just Josh said...

.......wow.........that's so awesome :) Good job

Brynn said...

What I think is particularly AMAZING is that the dome of the rock is so gorgeously decorated with the Arabic Language! Truly, so beautiful!