Monday, January 18, 2010

Well here I am...living in the Holy Land!

I left on Jan. 5th for the Holy Land! I was one of the lucky groups that had to meet at the airport around 8 - rather than 4 like some of the others - pshew! Glad I dodged that bullet. Praise you Delta. It's funny because we left later, only had one lay-over in JFK and we actually got into Jerusalem before any other groups! Spoiled? check.
The beautiful building with the arches is where I eat, sleep, go to school, church, fhe, forums - everything! Isn't that gorgeous!? Sorry the picture isn't fantastic...it was taken at night. But really though.
Here is the main entrance. They built the Center to be like temple quality - so true. It feels amazing in there and is gorgeous!
Room 411 - home sweet home.
You walk down hallways with little openings outside to get to each of the rooms.
This is our view of the Old City from our porch :)
The Jerusalem CenterSunset and the view of the Old City from the Center
My roommates Corina and Emma - They are SO great. We get along really well and they are always making me laugh. They are so fun to be with and are way easy to talk to. I'm really excited to get to know them more!
haha no big deal right? Just a street sign where I live. Hebrew, Arabic and English :)
I LOVE it here!

5 comments:

Laura said...

Yeah- no big deal... WHAT?!??! So happy for you! Keep us posted!

Katie said...

I'm glad you updated your blog :) It looks like you're having a great time. My roommate, Audrey, went during the Summer and still talks about how amazing it was. Those pictures are beautiful!

Clestial said...

Linds, those are incredible pictures! I'm so jealous right now..

You rock my socks. :D

Jessica said...

Lindsay! I have to say I'm pretty jealous. That looks amazing! But you definitely deserve it. Keep the Jerusalem posts coming, and the pictures!
Loves.

Brynn said...

I can't wait to see more updates of your time there! Of course, ya don't want to spend all your time updating, so I'd understand if you didn't do all your updating while you're there, but seriously....SO homesick for Jerusalem!! :)