Sunday, February 7, 2010

Jericho

Woah it's been a while! Sorry...buckle up for a lot of posts comin one after another!
We will start off with our field trip to Jericho - the oldest and lowest place on earth.
The city was way smaller than I expected, but it's so interesting to see what it really was like.
Neat.

We went up to the monestary of temptation - Supposedly the rock that Christ was tempted on was up there...I didn't have enough time to see it because another huge group was already in the room. It was quite the climb up there!

Here's the view from the balcony of Jericho (to the left a bit) and some caves people lived in in the cliff. ok awesome!

Eric, Eric, Madison, Jill, Katie, Marissa and I on the balcony

On the way back to Jerusalem we stopped at an overlook of the Judean Wilderness... I have no idea how people survived walking through there. I would get so bored! Not to mention there is no food, water, or shade anywhere!
Me and Emma

Check out that sweet camel! Some people were selling things at the overlook and offered a donkey or camel ride. I caved and bought a sweet necklace that apparantly is made out of camel bone! It was a fun trip!

4 comments:

Laura said...

I like that you called it a "field trip" like it's NBD! :) Way cool!

Brynn said...

Yay! Your posts put me in a good mood!!! Very awesome!

Jessica said...

Linds, I love to see you out there livin the dream!

And you are looking cute, as usual!

The Millers said...

wow linds...
sounds like you are having the experience of a lifetime! I am so jealous. you get to live the scriptures.... real life style. When do you finally come home? maybe we can actually hangout this summer... hmmm actually based on past times... probably not. There is always hope though right?
i miss you!