Sunday, February 7, 2010

random pictures with little info

Check out that crazy sunset! I was staring at the window at this one night during my Hebrew class. I even put my back toward the window so I wouldn't get distracted...so much for that.
This is Elias, one of the most incredible, happiest and most loving men I've ever met in my life. He is a Holocaust survivor and had such interesting and inspiring stories and things to tell us. Cutest man ever!
On one of our free days a bunch of us went to a park to play ultimate frisbee! I don't even have to explain how excited I was. It was pretty sketchy though because look at the ground...mostly dirt, rocks, and trash everywhere - luckily no one got hurt and it was a lot of fun! Hopefully we do that again - for my sake. haha I may or may not have been called the Pistol Pete of frisbee...just throwin that out there.
One night we (Emma, Gretchen and I) were bored so we tossed a frisbee in the hall. After a while we got the paper recycle bin and basically played frolf! We got a few more people interested and they came and tried too. For sure a good way to pass the time :)
We got to go the Western Wall one Friday night to welcome the Sabbath with the Jewish community. It is so interesting to see how the different Jewish people celebrated this. Some just sat there praying and others sang and danced! We joined in with some and a few of us put prayers into the wall as well - it was such a neat experience.
Uhh...Don't tell...But Emma and I were SO sad we didn't get candy before....so we ran and got some right before we were supposed to go to the bus. Sort of broke a few rules for those Peachy-o's and straws... but it was necessary and absolutely worth it
This is the Dormition Abbey. One of my favorite buildings I've been to so far - SO beautiful!This was inside the building...one of my favorite mosaics because it was unique. And African. haha I don't know - it was so stinkin' beautiful in there!
That is me and Bethlehem in the background - no big deal
Emma me and Marissa
Tomb of Samuel the Prophet
Basically all of the roofs here are NOT even and are like this. I dont know what Emma and I are even doing either... oops
Jill and me - can you believe this thing?
My new family :)

2 comments:

Laurie Marsh said...

Love you little lady lindsay! Thanks for sharing the awesome pictures. I am not going to lie, I am jealous!

cort said...

obsessed with ALL of this. holy crap linds. best experience of lifeeee. can not WAIT to swap stories and catch up with we get home. love you :)