Friday, September 26, 2008

Movin Down South

Hard to believe that this is the new "home" (or as Thomas Calton says- fake home) But it has been really fun to be on my own with "my place" "my groceries" "my kitchen" weird. hehe I'm very grateful to be so close to home though. I can't imagine having to pack pretty much everything and not being able to go home for the weekend and grab what you forgot or what you need. Lucked out for sure. :) Anyway, I'm on campus at Heritage in Horne Hall (the E is silent alright? ;) hehe )
There's a pic of my crib. hehe Christie and I have matchy matchy beds thanks to our angels mothers. Funny story actually- our other roomates from Colorado (Katie) and California (Andrea) had matchy beds too! Some sort of awesome voodoo goin on there...Too bad Shalece and Kenzie didn't get the memo...
The first morning, Chrisite and I made ourselves some delicious parfaits for breakfast. Yes we are nerds and decorated them! hehe We had placemats and tucked our napkins into our shirts too...then our roomate Andrea walked in and thought we were bizarre!
I was in Murray for my birthday for Russell's farewell, but when I came back to my apartment this thing was on the outside of our apartment door! That came down quick hehe
My roomies also decorated the kitchen for me. They are so cute and thoughtful! Pleasant surprise for me :) Really though.. I love all of my roommates! They are all so cute, way easy to talk to, and we have a ton of fun! I'm so excited to learn more about them and get even closer.
That night we met our Family Home Evening group...this was their present to me. hehe They had secretly opened the fruit by the foot and wrote the message, then glued it back shut! I didn't even notice! eye on the prize my friend...hehe I'm so spoiled.

The "night crew" hehe almost every night Christie and I go clean up the kitchen and do whatever needs to be done. Our roomates probably think we are psycho...but hey, as far as Christie and I see it...they should be happy about it right?
We kept up the decorations and switched the LINDS on the wall to KENZIE because it was our roomates birthday a few days later. We had to switch it up a little though, so Shalece and I bought 28 balloons to fill up the kitchen. The funny part is that Shalece had to run to class...so I walked from the creamery to our apartment looking like this. This one girl tried not to stare, and I just laughed. Good experience :)

My first BYU game. Yes you better believe it was the game vs. UCLA! 59-0 Wow I think it was the best football game I've ever been to. Joe is convinced that I am goodluck. :) (Pics: above- me Christie, Shalece, Andrea. below- me, Joe, Parker, Tom)

Oh and yes....Cosmo! hehe What an awesome game! I lost my voice at that sucker.
Well world, I'll keep you posted on the fun stuff I do down here...mostly I just study and go to class...but we throw in some goodness in there every so often :) hehe

12 comments:

Katie said...

YOu guys are kind of weird for always cleaning the kitchen, but you know, it' good. Because I probably wouldn't do it otherwise :-) hehe. I'm slightly depressed I wasn't in those footballpictures. haha jk. You're too cute lindsay, your blog made me laugh!

Christie Beck said...

Lol!!! Oh my goodness...gotta love the night crew! Haha. It wouldn't be near as funny if it wasn't so true...lol good times. Loved the post my friend.

Natalie said...

Linds, so I kind of blog stalk sometimes and secretly look at your blog, but its only because I like you so much. Seriously don't be skrd. :) You are awesome. Seeing those apartments reminds me of the good old days with Em. You are going to have so much fun there. BYpoo rocks! :) Don't break too many hearts.

Natalie said...

p.s.
I feel like that creeper finger is pointing at me...is it?

Natalie said...

oh my gosh, sorry for so many p.s's
My parents saw Elder Russ at the MTC, they game him a huge (illegal) hug. You know Shauna, always breaking the rules. They said he looked so great.

tyandmal said...

oh look at you linds! livin in your own place and everythin. so weird. at least your cleaning OCD is still kickin!!

tyandmal said...

these comments are from rach by the way, i guess it just uses ty's account cause he's the only one who has it

Amy said...

you have a hackin dishwahser?! JEALOUS!!! Maybe if we had one my roomies would clean up after themselves. I miss you Linds. Miss you tons :)

Ryan and Staci said...

Looks like you are having a great time a BYWhoo.....when I am in town again at Christmas time you will have to come over again and visit the fam and see Easton of course.

vallarsen49 said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUNSHINE!!!! I was in Vermont this morning and we tossed...wow, I'm way out of shape. I miss you so much!!! and ell... a lot a lot. :) ditto on the wishing it was late at night and we were all talking at one of our houses. o I hope you had a fabulous birthday. Thanks for your faith andfabulous example. I really do think of you when I'm struggling...isn't that cool! Happy B-day kiddo! See you round christmas!

Kelly Jean said...

Fun!! You're gonna love college life. It's so much fun. Looks like you're already havin a good time! That's fab.

emily mcd said...

Go COUGS! ;)