Wednesday, October 1, 2008

you know you're missed when...

I will admit, that it is pretty hard for me to go home now-a-days because Russell isn't there (I know I know, i'll post about that depression later ;) hehe).
I guess it's hardest when i'm home alone and just go take naps in his room, or just walk around the house.
But it is all worth it when my family and friends come over.

You know you're missed when "your boys" text or call you and see when you will be home next so you can play. I guess before Russell left I never really saw myself calling his buddies to hang out, but I would go crazy without them! We mostly talk about Russ or their upcoming missions, but I just love it. I love when they come over and say "is Russ just downstairs?" because they are joking of course, but I know it's hard for them too- I know they aren't just giving me a hard time. You know you're missed when you go to sunday school and the guys sit by you and visit the whole lesson (sorry dad). I love forgetting school and responsibility and just relaxing with my boys. You know you're missed when the boys ask when you will be home next and have to promise them that you will call them once ya get back and that you won't have a boyfriend while at college. hehe

You know you're missed when you surprise your friends that you're home and they scream and run up to hug you. When all you want to do is sit and talk and will be so content with life. When they show up wherever you are-even if it's awkward or lame. When your friends-and their families- want you to come visit whenever you can. When they hesitate to say "when will I see you next?" or "I'll see you in a few weeks" You know you're missed when they tear up when they see you, or when you have to say goodbye again. When they won't let go of a hug because we both don't want to go home.

You know you're missed when right when you open the front door you hear cheering. When your parents and sisters put their arms up and smile wide once they see you. When you don't have to do any chores around the house. When my mom was sad she couldn't sit by me at the Relief Society meeting and when you have to promise to sit by her at dinner after. When she kicks your sister out of "Lindsay's spot." You know you're missed when your older sisters don't mind when you follow them everywhere around the house. When they act really interested in what I have to say. When you are offered SO much of your favorite foods. When mom gets upset that we didn't get to hang out very much because of our busy schedules. Oh, and when Molly wags her tail a little extra for you.

You know you're missed when your nieces and nephews become an extra shadow. When they sprint to you to give bear hugs and never let go. When they say "every time I come over I hope you are home!" When they ask you time and time again to play this game or this activity. When you ask if you can go to a friends house and they say "can I come with you?!" You know you're missed when the kids say "goodbye! I love you! peace out, Love you!" over and over. When they give you just one more hug before you go. And after you let go they walk away and say "I just wish Lindsay didn't ever have to leave this house" (-tyler)

Thanks for making coming home so worth it! And making me feel not-so-alone.
I love you, I miss you, I want to hold you in my arms!

6 comments:

Katie said...

Aw what a sweet blog :)

Kelly Jean said...

Ah, love it. Family & friends (and familiarity) are the best!!

emily mcd said...

I am needing a Lindsay fix for reals. I'm so missing you and feel like it's been way too long! Let me know when you'll be in town next . . . and soon! I love you LDB.

Ellen Irion said...

Em needs a Lindsay fix? umm hello!welcome to my world.
You know you're missed when every time I talk to you I have to refrain from asking if you'll come play with me soon

Katie Irion said...

Ahh Linds. You made me tear up. Sweet, sweet blog.

abbey* said...

umm.. i miss you. more than is healthy I am sure. remember how I fell asleep at our slumber and I was so angry at myself when I woke up and realized we didn't get to talk? Now more than ever, I am convinced that the four of us will be best friends for life.